Technology has made it possible for many businesses to thrive online, even in the remote parts of the world. Imagine a forex trader on the furthest part of Malaysia trading forex around the world on pure clicks! For some traders, trading in forex is just a hobby or a side business but to other traders, trading in forex is an investment and a major source of income. In perspective, it is estimated that over $5 trillion is traded in forex markets around the world every day. The forex trade is expected to thrive even more, especially with the introduction of online forex trading platforms such as MetaTrader 4 for Mac.
Forex Trading Basics
Forex trading is a highly volatile business and one need to learn the basics before committing any investment. First, you will come across new forex terminologies such as base currency, quote currency, exchange rate, bid price and many others. Beginners in forex trading need to understand the meaning of such terms since they are used daily by forex traders and brokers. Secondly, you need to analyze the forex market and make trade predictions based on economic factors such as weakening currencies, trade demand, political influences, previous trading events etc.
Before opening a Malaysian forex trading account and trading on platforms such as MT4, you need to know how to calculate profits. In forex trading, a pip represents the change in value between two currencies. The value of one pip is usually 0.0001 change in value between two currencies i.e. EUR/USD. Your profit (or loss) is the number of pips that your account has gained or lost. To start forex trading, you need to choose an experienced brokerage firm in Malaysia that is regulated by a known oversight body.
Forex Trading in Malaysia Using MetaTrader 4 for Mac
If you are intending to start forex trading in Malaysia, you might be interested to learn about MetaTrader 4 forex trading platform and how to install MTA for Mac. There are a variety of online forex trading platforms but most traders prefer MT4 for its versatility and intuitiveness. MetaTrader 4 is a platform that helps forex traders to expertly analyze financial markets. Many traders refer to MT4 as their mobile forex partner for it offers complete forex trading experience. With MT4, you can access trading opportunities, technical analysis and Expert Advisors.
How to Install MetaTrader 4 for Mac for Malaysians
MetaTrader 4 is one of the few platforms that offer a broad set of Forex trading opportunities. If you have any Mac with OS X and you need to enjoy flexibility and convenience in forex trading, download MT4 for Mac and use the following steps for installation.
1. Download any of the recommended MT4 files for Mac and the installation will start automatically.
2. The application starts in the default browser but you can change this to your preferred browser once you setup your forex trading account.
3. If you need to install additional features such as indicators, Expert Advisors (EAs), or scripts, you can install such tools on drive “c” under MetaTrader file structure.
4. If you have ever used MT4 on a Windows PC, the MT4 for Mac works the same and most of the features such as “f9” and “one-click trading” tool are available.
5. Once MT4 is installed, the application will start automatically and you can log-in with your live or demo credentials and start trading!